Did you know that Mill Valley Refuse provides 4 curbside cleanups as part of your service?
In Corte Madera and Hidden Valley, one of the curbside cleanups can be yard waste. This is a great way to reduce flammable yard waste and increase the defensible space around your home. Up to three (3) cubic yards of material* is allowed for yard waste cleanup. Sound like a lot?
It's twenty-one 32-gallon trash bags!
Schedule Your Cleanup
Scheduling Your On-Call Curbside Cleanup
Just call Mill Valley Refuse at least 24 hours in advance of your regular garbage pickup day to schedule one of your personal curbside cleanups. Phone: 415-457-9760
Office hours: Monday – Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Mill Valley Refuse
Branches must be tied in bundles less than 5′ in length and light enough for one person to lift; loose material may be bagged in compostable PAPER bags only. *
Curbside Cleanup Details
• Cleanups must be scheduled in advance.
• Limit per each cleanup is three (3) cubic yards (three cubic yards equals twenty-one 32-gallon trash bags).
• All articles for disposal must be at the street no later than 6:00 am on your normal collection day.
• Place all trash and rubbish in disposable boxes or containers. No containers or garbage carts will be returned.
• Items can be bundled together with strong cord but must not be over five (5) feet long.
• There is a 60-pound weight limit on all items.
MV Refuse cannot take the following items: cement, rocks, dirt, ashes, auto parts, household hazardous wastes, E-wastes (televisions, computers, etc.), tires, appliances, furniture, mattresses, construction material or yard waste (unless specifically allowed in our jurisdiction).
On regular, non-clean up days.
If you have extra yard waste, which does not fit in your cart, call us the day before your pick-up at (415) 457-9760 to ensure any extra bags/bundles will be picked up and not left behind. There is a $6.00 charge for each bag/bundle.